Location: Jessie Mays Community Center, North Plains, OR
Date: Saturday, August 10, 2019
Time: 7:00 am to 8:00 am
Run into stinky fun for the whole family. The annual Garlic Festival has a parade, live music, and garlic-themed food and craft vendors to explore following our half marathon, 10K, and 5K events. Experience the rural beauty of the North Plains as you run on quiet farm roads.
Celebrate the Elephant Garlic Festival with a half marathon, 10K or 5K run/walk around the City of North Plains and the scenic roads of Washington County. Our new half marathon course completes two loops of a scenic course in the hills of Washington County. After the race enjoy elephant garlic, custom-made event Fitsok socks, one free beer, and all that the festival art and food vendors have to offer!
ORRC members will receive $10 off their registration if you preregister. You’ll also have the opportunity to sign up for ORRC membership during the registration process and receive $10 off your registration.
Registration prices bump up on May 14, July 14th and again on the day of the event.
- 5K Distance: up to May 13, $32; May 14-July 13, $37; July 14 to August 8, $39, August 10, $44
- 10K Distance: up to May 13, $37; May 14-July 13, $42; July 14 to August 8, $45, August 10, $50
- Half Marathon: up to May 13, $52; May 14-July 13, $57; July 14 to August 8, $65; August 10, $70
- We will be having an early bib pickup event from 4 to 7 PM on Friday, August 9th, at the Foot Traffic store at 13306 NW Cornell Road Portland, OR 97229.
- 6:00 a.m. – Day of Event registration and bib pickup begins
- 7:00 a.m. – Half Marathon start (3-hour strict time limit – course closes at 10 a.m. due to other festival events)
- 8:00 a.m. – 10K event start
- 8:15 a.m. – 5K event start
Both the Garlic Festival 10k and Half Marathon are part of the ORRC 10K and Half Marathon Series. Both share a beautiful hilly loop around the Pumpkin Ridge Golf Course. 10K is once around the loop. The half marathon is twice around the loop with an added “out and back tag”.
5K course map – click here. 5K course certification – OR18019LB 5K.
10K course map – click here. Course certification document – click here.
Half marathon course map – click here. Course certification document – click here.
ORRC will present plaques to the top male and female open and masters finishers in both running and walking categories for the 5K and 10K (a total of 16 plaques), as well as for the half marathon female and male open and masters runner winners (a total of 4 more plaques).
ORRC also awards ribbons three places deep in five-year age groups for both runners and walkers for the 5K and 10K race events, and to the runners (only) in the half marathon.
- Pets are not allowed at the festival
- Strollers are not allowed on the course
- Roads are not closed to traffic during the races
- The use of personal music devices is strongly discouraged in this race. To enjoy all that our race has to offer and for the safety of all participants, ORRC encourages a headphone-free environment during the running of the event.
2019 results will be available, and 2018, 2017, and 2016 are also available at runsignup.com/Race/Results/30007/. In addition, live results can be tracked on the day of the race at live.tf/. Event photos and all past results are available here.
Additional parking is located at St. Edward’s Catholic Church on the corner of NW 313th and NW Wascoe Street, adjacent to the start/finish. Parking at the church is free until 10 a.m. There is additional on-street parking near the start in areas not blocked off for the Garlic Festival.
If you’re interested in volunteering at the ORRC Garlic Festival event, please click here to see the roles and sign up. You get a big thanks from ORRC plus a coupon code valid for one year for one of ORRC’s events up to 10K in distance or less.
Jessie Mays Community Center, North Plains, OR