1200 Club sponsored by Portland Running Company
1200 Club Registration for 2020 is open now! And we are grateful to Portland Running Company for their new sponsorship of this membership opportunity.
Remember, you must be an ORRC member during all of 2020 to participate. Click here to join ORRC.
Monthly Submission and Mileage Totals
2019 Monthly Mileage Submission Form – click here
Mileage Totals – On page, select “2018” tab for that year – 2019 miles will be in their own tab after processing.
|1200 Club History|
|Highest # participants||178||211||266||243||249||235|
|Finish # Participants||148||177||200||176||172||182|
|# participants Completing 1200 Miles||115||134||152||133||134||138|
|# of returning participants (compared to prior year)||N/A||99||116||128||129||126|
|# earning Jackets||115||63||74||50||45||55|
|# earning patches||N/A||71||78||83||89||83|
|# of New ORRC Members (estimated)*||19||18||32||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Walkers (only those who confirmed, most are unknown)||8||4||14||12||11||9|
|*After implementing new registration system for 2016, determining if a participant became a member in order to participate in the club was no longer an option|
About the 1200 Club
ORRC’s free recognition program is for any ORRC club member who runs or walks 1,200 miles or more in a calendar year averaging about 100/month, or about 25/week. The program’s purpose is meant to be a challenge and a motivational tool.
Participants who complete a minimum of 1200 miles in one calendar year receive a jacket the first year, and patches to add to the jacket in subsequent years. You must track your walking and running miles and report them to the club at the end of each month
Give yourself a challenge and join the 1200 club!
Email email@example.com if you have questions about the program.
Since 2013, we’ve had 515 members attempt this challenge, and 347 participants received jackets, both walkers and runners alike. This includes 32 who achieved 1200 miles each of the first five years. Cumulative mileage from all participants through 2017 shows club members have circumnavigated the Earth 47 times, and we’ve reached the moon almost four times!
Download a handy mileage chart – click here.
Submit your monthly mile totals by the of end the following month. Annual ongoing totals of all participants will be published in the Oregon Distance Runner (ODR) throughout the year and are available online.
Give yourself a challenge and join the club!
What is it?
- The 1200 Club is a recognition program for any club member who runs or walks 1,200 miles in one year (100/month, or about 25/week).
- The year measures January 1 through December 31 mileage.
- There is no charge but participants must be current ORRC members.
- Anyone who completes 1200 miles in one year receives a jacket, and in subsequent years receives a patch to add to the jacket.
- Participants must enter by March 1. No registrations will be accepted after that date.
- Monthly totals are due no later than one month after the end of the month they are submitting (e.g. February miles are due by the end of March).
- Yearly ongoing totals of all participants will be published in the Oregon Distance Runner (ODR) throughout the year.
What Miles Count?
- Races or training miles
- Running or Walking miles
What Miles do NOT count?
- Nothing translated from another sport into miles (e.g. cycling, swimming, or ellipticals)
- Running in the pool
- “Steps” counted on a pedometer during the course of a day that are not part of a standard run or walk (so wearing a pedometer during the day to count up to 10,000 steps does not include steps counted while walking around the office or house)
Feedback from 2018 Participants
“Thank you for all you do to make this club so much fun and keeps people like me motivated to meet this goal.” Philip McGuigan
“When I was younger, I could run a lot more. Now, a lot of my exercise is walking, biking, and the gym. The 1200 club is an important incentive for me. Your help means a lot to me. Thanks!” Doug Marshall