Location: PGE Timber Park 30878 NW Evergreen Way, Estacada
Date: Saturday, September 25, 2021
September 9 – The Best Dam Run 10K has been cancelled due to COVID-19 Delta variant concerns and for the safety and health of our runners and walkers.
Come run or walk the Best Dam Run! This point-to-point course features views of pristine waters, shading forests, interesting geology and sometimes, bald eagles, osprey and colorful waterfowl.
You will be bussed approximately 6 miles east of Estacada to the start on North Fork Lake. The course meanders along the wild and scenic Clackamas River to finish at PGE’s Timber Park, one mile north of Estacada, between US 224 and Estacada Lake.
All post-race awards, raffle prizes and free beer activities will take place at PGE’s Timber Park, 30878 NW Evergreen Way, Estacada.
This event is limited to 750 entrants.
- Online Registration is open through September 24, 2021, 11:59 pm. Prices are $40 for the 10K run or walk through August 22; then $45 until pre-registration closes. Note that the $10 ORRC member discount will automatically be applied at registration – but only if you register before the day of the event.
- In-Person Registration is available at the event on Saturday, September 25, starting at 6:30 AM. Day of event registration is $50 with the ORRC member discount unavailable.
This all paved point-to-point route is a great downhill PR-friendly course. The course meanders along the wild and scenic Clackamas River to the finish line at PGE Timber Park in Estacada.
Early Bib Pick Up
Best Dam Run early bib pickup location will be at Foot Traffic Sports, 4020 NE Fremont Street Portland, OR 97212 on Thursday, September 24 between 4 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. Registration not available at bib pickup.
Race day bib pickup begins at 6:30 a.m. at PGE Timber Park.
Bus Schedule and Start Times
Participants are shuttled from PGE Timber Park to the North Forks Lake starting line for this point to point event.
Bus shuttles start at 8:30 am. There is no parking area available at the start location. The last bus to the start line leaves approximately 9 AM. You are responsible for getting yourself to the start should you miss the last bus.
- 9:30 AM – Walkers Start Time
- 9:45 AM – Runners Start Time
Drop bags and markers will be provided at the bus loading area. Mark your bib number on the top of your drop bag. Leave your drop bag at the start line bus drop off area. Last bus will return bags to PGE Timber Park.
- Award plaques presented to overall and masters’ male & female runners and walker winners.
- Ribbons presented to the top three in five-year age groups, runners and walkers.
- Awards ceremony also includes raffle drawing.
- Must be present to accept awards.
- Pets and strollers are not allowed on the course
- First 4.5 miles of the course is on private PGE land, not accessible to vehicles. The remaining portion of the course is on US 214 and is open to traffic. Runners/walkers will use the coned bike lane to PGE Timber Park.
- For your safety, use of portable music devices is strongly discouraged
Results and Photos
Past results and photos are available – click here.
If you’re interested in volunteering at the ORRC Best Dam Run event, please CLICK HERE to see the roles and sign up. You get a big thanks from ORRC plus a code valid for $50 off your next ORRC’s race event plus a $10 Starbucks coupon
For questions about the event, please contact the Race Director via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
PGE Timber Park 30878 NW Evergreen Way, Estacada