Location: SE 4th Ave, between SE Broadway and SE Main, Estacada, OR
Date: Saturday, September 21, 2019
Come run or walk the Best Dam Run! This point-to-point course features views of pristine waters, shading forests, interesting geology and sometimes, bald eagles, osprey and colorful waterfowl.
Event details below are from our 2018 event. Check back later for registration for the 2019 event.
You will be bused approximately 6 miles east of Estacada to the start on North Fork Lake. The course meanders along the wild and scenic Clackamas River to finish at Broadway and SE 4th in downtown Estacada to a welcoming Farmers Market and musical entertainment.
All post-race awards, raffle prizes and free beer garden activities will take place in the Clackamas River Growlers parking lot and gardens on 4th Ave between Broadway and SE Main.
This event is limited to 750 entrants.
- Online Registration is open through September 19, 2018, 11:59 pm. Prices are $40 for the 10K run or walk through August 22; then $45 until pre-registration closes on September 19th. Note that the $10 ORRC member discount will automatically be applied at registration.
- In-Person Registration is available at the event on Saturday, September 22. Day of event registration is $50 with the ORRC member discount unavailable.
This all paved point-to-point route is a great PR course as it’s basically all downhill. The course meanders along the wild and scenic Clackamas River to finish at Broadway Street in downtown Estacada.
10K Course Map – click here.
Early Bib Pick Up
Best Dam Run early bib pickup location will be at Road Runners Sports, 7063 Nyberg Rd, Tualatin, Oregon on Thursday, September 20 between 4 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Registration is not available at this bib pickup event.
Race day bib pickup begins at 6:30 a.m. at Clackamas River Growlers parking lot and gardens registration desk on 4th Ave between Broadway and SE Main.
Bus Schedule and Start Times
Participants are shuttled from downtown Estacada to the North Forks Lake starting line for this point to point event.
Bus shuttles start at 8:30 am just east of Estacada City Hall. There will be a bag drop at the starting line.
- 9:30 am – Walkers Start Time
- 9:45 am – Runners Start Time
Plastic bags and markers will be provided at the bus loading area to mark your bib number on the top of the bag containing your possessions. You will leave your bag on the bus, which transports you to the start line. Your bags can then be picked up after the race at the Clackamas River Growlers parking lot and beer gardens adjacent to the 4th Ave finish line between Broadway and SE Main.
- Award plaques will be presented to each of the overall and masters’ male & female runners and walker winners, eight in all.
- Ribbons will be presented to the top three in five-year age groups (runners and walkers)
- The awards ceremony will include a raffle for random prizes after the race.
- Must be present to win, as awards will not be mailed.
A high-quality long-sleeve T-shirt (women’s and unisex fit) and a finisher medal are included.
- Pets and strollers are not allowed on the course
- First 4.5 miles of the course is on private PGE land, not accessible to vehicles. The remaining portion of the course on US 214 is open to traffic. Runners/walkers will use the coned bike lane to Estacada.
- For your safety, use of portable music devices is strongly discouraged
Results and Photos
Past results and photos are available – click here.
If you’re interested in volunteering at this event, please email us at email@example.com
For questions about the event, please contact the Race Director via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
SE 4th Ave, between SE Broadway and SE Main, Estacada, OR