Location: Cleveland High School Track, Portland, OR
Date: Saturday, May 18, 2019
Time: 8:00 a.m.
Running and walking in circles doesn’t always mean finishing where you started. The Dual Duel event features the classic 2-person 10-mile relay, a walking-only 10K relay, 1500m and 3000m track events, and a free Kids’ Run.
Come participate in the combination of classic Dual Duel events and track races!
Events this year are:
- 10 Mile 2-Person Track Relay. Each participant completes 1 lap and then passes their baton to their partner for the next lap. The distance will be a true 10 miles. The first lap will be 493.4 meters with the next 19 laps 400 meters.
- 10k 2-Person Open RaceWalk. The same 2-person team format as the relay run, but in a 10k walking format. Note the race walk will be judged.
- 1500m track race. Pace specific heats of 1500m track event will be run for women and men. This event will include both competitive and open heats.
- 3000m track race. Pace specific heats each of the 3000m track event will be run for women and men. This event will include both competitive and open heats.
- Free 400 meters kids run!
The race takes place at Cleveland High School.
Online registration closes May 16th at 11:59PM.
Online Preregistration for the 10M relay per person is $35 for ORRC Members and $45 for Non-Members and includes a race shirt and swag item. The 10K walking event is $20 for ORRC members and $30 for Non-Members, and also includes a shirt and swag item. The 3000m event will be $25 per heat, and the 1500m will be $20 per heat, and these events do not include a shirt. Incorrect pricing was previously shown for day-of-event registration. If this affects you, please contact our race directors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Day of Event Pricing (credit card only)
- Dual Duel 10 mile running relay: $50 / $40 for ORRC members – (no shirt guaranteed)
- Dual Duel 10K racewalk (only) relay: $35 / $25 ORRC members – (no shirt guaranteed)
- 1500 meters: $25 / $15 ORRC members
- 3000 meters: $30 / $20 ORRC members
- Kids’ Run – Free but parent must register for them to sign the waiver.
Race Day Schedule – May 18, 2019
- 7:00 Registration Begins
- 8:00 3000m event heats begin
- 9:00 1500m event heats begin
- 10:30 Free Kids’ 400m run
- 11:00 Dual Duel Team Relay—Both running and walking events
Awards and Placement
Placements in these events are NOT eligible for ORRC age group annual awards. This holds true for all races held during this event. It is not a part of the ORRC 10k series.
Overall award plaques will be given for the top 3 male and female racers in both open and masters divisions for each running event.
Age Group Awards
Dual Dual Team Relay
Combined age of both partners in each race. Medals go 3 places deep in each division. Running divisions are:
Under 35, 36-50, 51-65, 66-75, 76-85, 86-95, 96-105, 106-119, 120+
3000m and 1500m events
Age group awards will be given in both the competitive and open events for women and men in each respective age graded division. Medals go 3 places deep in each division.
Results and Timing
The race will be chip timed by Portland Running Company. For the relays, each baton will contain an RFID chip inside it. For the track events, a chip will be on the race bib. Results will be available at https://orrc.net
- Any male athletes looking to go under 4:30 minutes in the 1500m or under 10:00 minutes in the 3k, please contact us for a race entry discount.
- Any female athletes looking to go under 5:00 minutes in the 1500m or under 11:00 minutes in the 3k, please contact us for a race entry discount.
T-Shirt Purchase – Day of Event
Some event t-shirts (short sleeve tech material) may be available for sale for $25 at the event – size availability not guaranteed.
Please contact our race directors Mike Pagalan and Jacob Campbell at email@example.com if you have any questions about the event.
Cleveland High School Track, Portland, OR