Oregon Road Runners Club 2018 Half Marathon Race Series
A Five Half-Marathon Series
Registration for the 2018 ORRC Half-Marathon series is now open until January 19, 2018 – click here.
NOTE: Pricing was adjusted on 1/10/2018 to reflect that one of the five series events has already occurred. Now, through January 19th, the price for the remaining four half marathon events in the ORRC series is $160 for ORRC members and $190 for non-members.
Registration fee for ORRC’s Half-Marathon Series is $200 for members and $240 for non members. You can join ORRC as a part of the registration process.
Oregon Road Runners Club members receive the discounted series rate and a free fleece jacket. Non ORRC members may purchase jackets for $25.
2018 ORRC Half-Marathon Series Dates
January 6 – Y2K Half-Marathon
March 3 – Champoeg Half-Marathon
April 15 – Vernonia Half-Marathon
August 11 – Garlic Festival Half-Marathon
October 13 – Blue Lake Half-Marathon
ORRC member 2018 year-end awards are presented at the January 2019 Annual Awards Banquet. Participants earn points three ways: 1) participating in each event; 2) placing in the top three overall in male and female categories; and 3) placing in your age groups. Participating in all ORRC Half-Marathon Series events is not required to be eligible for year-end awards.
For more information, please contact the ORRC Half-Marathon Coordinator at Halfmarathonseries@oregonroadrunnersclub.org
Rules of engagement are found below.
Oregon Road Runners Club
2018 ORRC Half-Marathon Series Program
Rules of Engagement
What is the ORRC Half-Marathon Series?
- The ORRC Half-Marathon Series consists of five ORRC half-marathons (listed below) starting with the Y2K Half-Marathon in January and ending with Blue Lake Half Marathon is October.
What are benefits to sign up for the series?
- Local half marathons cost up to $250 per event. ORRC Half-Marathon Series is priced at $40 per race for the five race series for ORRC members and under $50 for non members.
- A free fleece, full zip jacket is awarded to each ORRC member participating in the 2018 ORRC Half-Marathon Series. Additional jackets can be purchased for $25.
- Separate ORRC Half-Marathon Series raffle prizes at each race. Your chance to win even more.
- ORRC member awards given at January Annual Banquet.
Are non ORRC members eligible to participate in the series?
- Yes. Both ORRC members and non-members are allowed to participate in the 2018 Half-Marathon Series. ORRC membership is required for year-end awards.
What is the registration fee and what does it include?
- The price for the 2018 ORRC Half-Marathon Series will be $200 for ORRC members, $240 for non-members.
- The ORRC Half-Marathon Series price includes a free fleece, full zipper jacket for registered ORRC members. The jacket may be purchased by non members at $25.
There a definite cost advantage becoming an ORRC member first and then registering for the ORRC Half-Marathon Series. Right?
- Absolutely. For the $45 annual ORRC membership fee, you automatically save $40 when registering for the ORRC Half-Marathon Series and receive a free fleece, full zipper jacket. That’s just where the savings begin. Also as an ORRC member, the registration fee for each of the other 11 annual ORRC race events is $10 less for ORRC members, you receive a subscription to the national award winning Oregon Distance Runner quarterly magazine, you are eligible to register for the ORRC seven-race 10K series, open only to ORRC members, at a substantial discount, attend free annual membership banquets and award ceremonies, and more.
How do I become an ORRC member?
- Becoming an ORRC member is made simple. Just click here to join, and your savings begin. Then register for the ORRC Half-Marathon series here, and plan for a year’s worth of exciting half marathon experiences.
How do we sign up for each race?
- After signing up for the series, participants must pre-register online by clicking a link embedded in a RunSignUp registration email sent before each individual half-marathon. Day-of-race registration is not permitted.
- Half Marathon Series participants will be emailed a coupon code to register for each of the half marathons. This will allow you to register at no charge, since you already paid for the series. Registering for each half-marathon in the series allows the race directors to purchase only those supplies necessary, thus passing on the savings onto you.
What are the annual awards?
- ORRC members will accumulate points both for completing events, placing overall (open and masters) and for placing in your age group.
- Year-end awards will be given at the Annual Awards Banquet to those who have accumulated the most points in the race, age and overall point categories. Participants do have to complete at least two half-marathons in the Series to be eligible for year end awards. The more races they participate in, the more points they will earn.
How does the awards point system work?
Race points – Awarded for each of the series races they complete:
- 3 points for each Half-marathon Series event they complete
Age points – Awarded for placing in the top three of their age group:
- 3 points for placing 1st in his or her age group
- 2 points for placing 2nd in his or her age group
- 1 point for placing 3rd in his or her age group
Overall points – Awarded for placing in the top three overall for the event:
- 6 points for placing 1st overall (open and masters)
- 5 points for placing 2nd overall (open and masters)
- 4 points for placing 3rd overall (open and masters)
How do I know how many points for annual awards that I have accumulated? The point standing will be updated and published on the ORRC Half-marathon Series page on ORRC’s website after each Half Marathon Series event
What are the year end award categories? Annual awards will be presented the following January at Annual Awards Banquet to the three top male and female Half Marathon Series runners who accumulated the most points.
- Half-marathon Male and Female Runner Open: 1st, 2nd and 3rd
- Half-marathon Male and Female Runner Masters: 1st, 2nd and 3rd
When will the series registration close?
- Registration will close at 11:59 pm on December 31, 2017 or when 250 participant cap is reached, whichever occurs first.