ORRC Half Marathon Race Series
A Four Half-Marathon Series
Registration for the ORRC Half-Marathon series is open until January 31 of the year of the series.
Registration fee for ORRC members and non-members for the half-Marathon Series can be found on the registration page.
The Series Benefits Include:
- ORRC Half-Marathon Series is priced approximately a third of the cost per race of other local half marathons.
- Free swag is awarded to each ORRC member participating in the ORRC Half-Marathon Series.
- Separate ORRC Half-Marathon Series raffle prizes at each race. Your chance to win even more.
- ORRC member awards given at the Annual Awards Banquet.
You can join ORRC as a part of the registration process.
2023 ORRC Half-Marathon Series Dates
January 7 – Y2K Half-Marathon
March 4 – Champoeg Half-Marathon
April 16 – Vernonia Half-Marathon
August 12 – Garlic Festival Half-Marathon
ORRC member year-end awards are presented at the next year’s Annual Awards Banquet. Participants earn points three ways:
- Participating in each event;
- Placing in the top three overall in male and female categories;
- Placing in your age groups.
Participating in all ORRC Half-Marathon Series events is not required to be eligible for year-end awards.
Rule Of Engagement For The Half-Marathon Series
Are non ORRC members eligible to participate in the series?
How do I become an ORRC member?
- Register to become a member. Members receive a discount for the half marathon series in addition to other benefits.
- Once registered as a club member, than register for the Half Marathon Series to receive the members discount automatically.
Half Marathon Series race registration instructions:
- A registration code will be emailed approximately two weeks prior to race day for each half marathon in the series.
- The registration code is applied in the coupon field on the payment screen for free entry.
What are the annual awards?
- ORRC members will accumulate points both for completing events, placing overall (open and masters) and for placing in age groups.
- Year-end awards will be given at the Annual Awards Banquet to those who have accumulated the most points in the race, age and overall point categories. Participants do have to complete at least two half-marathons in the Series to be eligible for year end awards. The more races they participate in, the more points they will earn.
How does the awards point system work?
Points are awarded for each of the Half Marathon series races you participate in. Each participating race event equals one point. Important for banquet year-end Half Marathon series requirements and separate overall age awards.
Age category points
Points are awarded for those placing in the top six of their age group (as of January 1):
- 6 points for placing 1st in their gender age group
- 5 points for placing 2nd in their gender age group
- 4 point for placing 3rd in their gender age group
- 3 points for placing 4th in their gender age group
- 2 points for placing 5th in their gender age group
- 1 point for placing 6th in their gender age group
What are the year end award categories?
Annual awards will be presented the following January at Annual Awards Banquet to the three top male and female Half Marathon Series runners who accumulated the most points.
- Half-marathon Male and Female Runner Open: 1st, 2nd and 3rd
- Half-marathon Male and Female Runner Masters: 1st, 2nd and 3rd