Location: Blue Lake Regional Park, Fairview, OR
Date: Saturday, October 12, 2019
Time: 10:00 a.m. (Kids' Run at 9:30 a.m.)
Popular with runners and walkers of all fashion; fast, slow and everywhere in between. This scenic course starts and finishes in Blue Lake Park, offers views of the Columbia River, with a hot dog picnic afterward. Includes a ½ mile Kids’ Run, making this another great family event.
We had a great event and great weather, please join us on October 12, 2019. Registration will be open in 2019.
Details below are from our 2018 event, but are generally applicable for the 2019 event.
Lace up your shoes and join us for the 44th Annual Blue Lake Runs. This event offers a 5K which you can run or walk, and a half marathon (run only). There is also a 1/2 mile free Kids’ Run for ages 10 & under. Please note there is a 3-hour time limit for the half marathon.
The 5K and half marathon courses wind through beautiful Blue Lake Park—before and after an out and back portion on paved trails—with views of the Columbia River and surrounding area.
Celebrate your accomplishments afterward with our event BBQ featuring hot dogs, chips, drinks, and dessert, all included with your registration. Children running the free Kids’ Run and accompanying adults are also welcome at the BBQ at no extra cost. 5K & half marathon participants also receive a shirt and medal.
- Half Marathon (run only). The half marathon starts at 10:00 am. The course winds through beautiful Blue Lake Park—before and after the out-and-back portion on paved trails—with views of the Columbia River and surrounding area. Course time limit is 3 hours. 2018 half marathon course will be substantially like last year – click here to see 2017 course certification.
- 5K (Run). The 5K course and start time of 10:10 am is the same for walkers and runners. The course winds through beautiful Blue Lake Park—before and after the out and back portion on paved trails—with views of the Columbia River and surrounding area.
- 5K (Walk). The 5K course and start time of 10:10 am is the same for walkers and runners. The course winds through beautiful Blue Lake Park—before and after the out and back portion on paved trails—with views of the Columbia River and surrounding area. Participants in the 5K Walk (only) event must follow ORRC’s walking guidelines—keeping one foot on the ground at all times.
- Free 1/2 Mile Kids’ Run (for ages 10 and under) starts at 9:30 am. This out-and-back course is all within the park and is aimed at getting the whole family out to the park to enjoy the day. Parents may run with their kids!
- 1/2 Mile Kids’ Race (Ages 10 & Under) – Free
- 5K Run or Walk
- Through Aug 12: $30 ($20 for ORRC members)
- Aug 13 through Oct 11: $35 ($25 for ORRC members)
- Day of Race (in-person only): $40 (no ORRC member discount)
- Half Marathon
- Through Aug 12: $55 ($45 for ORRC members)
- Aug 13 through Oct 11: $60 ($50 for ORRC members)
- Day of Race (in-person only beginning at 8 am): $65
Online Registration closes October 11, after which you must register in-person on day of race beginning at 8am on October 13, 2018, and discounts will no longer be honored. Register now!
ORRC Members get $10 off when pre-registering online. No ORRC member discount available when registering same day at the event. You’ll also have the opportunity to join ORRC during the online registration process and immediately save $10 off your registration. Read more about the benefits of ORRC membership!
- 5K – USATF certification OR17023LB – click here
- Half Marathon – USATF certification OR18025LB –click here
- Early Packet pickup: Friday, Oct 12 between 4 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. at Foot Traffic, 4020 NE Fremont St, Portland 97212
- Race Day: 8 am on October 13, 2018. Day of Race Registration will also be available at this time.
Race Day Schedule
- 8 am: Packet pickup
- 9:30 am: Free 1/2 Mile Kids’ Run
- 10:00 am: Half Marathon (run only).
- 10:10 am: 5K (Run and Walk).
- 11 am to 1 pm: BBQ
- 11 am (5K) 12 noon (half marathon): Awards ceremony and raffle.
Day of Race Reminders/Safety Policies
- No headphones, please! The use of personal music devices is strongly discouraged at this race. To enjoy all that our race has to offer and for the safety of all participants, the Blue Lake Run encourages a headphone-free environment during the running of the Blue Lake Runs.
- Please don’t race with strollers: The 5K and Half Marathon courses outside the METRO Blue Lake park utilize a four-foot wide bike and pedestrian path, wide enough to accommodate runners and walkers in two way traffic. We are asking that runners and walkers not bring strollers, due to the safety concerns.
- Alcohol and dogs are strictly prohibited in the park so please help us observe these policies. METRO Park does not allow dogs at Blue Lake Park, nor does ORRC allow dogs on any part of the course.
- Blue Lake Park charges $5 per car so please have this ready when entering the park. This fee is not covered by ORRC or your registration.
- BBQ! Celebrate your accomplishments afterwards with our traditional event BBQ featuring hot dogs, chips, drinks and dessert, included with your registration. Children running the free Kids’ Run (and accompanying adults) are also welcome at the BBQ at no extra cost.
- Awards. Winner plaques will be presented to top overall and master male/female in each event. Ribbons will be given to the top three finishers in each age group.
- Raffle Prizes. In addition, we will have prize drawings after the finish, so stay for the awards and possibly be another lucky winner.
- T-shirt and medal. Participants in the 5K and half marathon events will receive a Blue Lake long-sleeve tri-blend material T-shirt (offered in women’s S to XXL or unisex XS-XXXL) in addition to a medal.
Blue Lake Regional Park, Fairview, OR