Location: Blue Lake Regional Park, Fairview, OR
Date: Saturday, October 10, 2020
Time: 10:00 a.m. (Kids' Run at 9:30 a.m.)
Lace up your shoes and join us for the 45th Annual Blue Lake Runs. This event offers a 5K run or walk, and a half marathon run. A 1/2 mile free Kids’ Run for ages 10 & under is also featured.
The 5K is the 2019 USATF Oregon Association Open and Masters 5k Championship race. The half marathon has a 3-hour time limit.
Celebrate afterward with a free BBQ featuring hot dogs, chips, drinks, and dessert. Free kids’ run participants and accompanying adults included. 5K & half marathon participants also receive a pair of Fitsok socks and medal.
- Half Marathon (run only). The half marathon starts at 10:00 AM. The course winds through beautiful Blue Lake Park—before and after the out-and-back portion on paved trails—with Columbia/Sandy River views. Course time limit is 3 hours.
- 5K Run and Walk. The 5K start time is 10:10 AM. The course winds through beautiful Blue Lake Park—before and after the out and back portion on paved trails. 5K Walk participants must follow ORRC’s walking guidelines—keeping one foot on the ground at all times.
- Free 1/2 Mile Kids’ Run (ages up to 10) starts at 9:30 AM. This out-and-back park course is aimed at getting the whole family to the park. Parents may run with their kids!
- 1/2 Mile Kids’ Race (Ages 10 & Under) – Free
- 5K Run or Walk
- Through Aug 12: $30 ($20 for ORRC members)
- Aug 13 through Oct 11: $35 ($25 for ORRC members)
- Day of Race (in-person only): $40 (no ORRC member discount)
- Half Marathon
- Through Aug 12: $55 ($45 for ORRC members)
- Aug 13 through Oct 11: $60 ($50 for ORRC members)
- Day of Race (in-person only beginning at 8 AM): $65 (no ORRC member discount)
Discounts: ORRC Members get $10 off when pre-registering online. No ORRC member discount available when registering on the day of the event. Not an ORRC member? You’ll also have the opportunity to join ORRC during the online registration process and immediately save $10 off your registration.
- Early bib pickup: Friday, Oct 11 between 4 PM and 6:30 PM at Foot Traffic, 4020 NE Fremont St, Portland 97212
- Race Day: 8 AM on October 13, 2018. Day of Race Registration will also be available at this time.
Race Day Schedule
- 8 AM: Packet pickup
- 9:30 AM: Free 1/2 Mile Kids’ Run
- 10:00 AM: Half Marathon (run only).
- 10:10 AM: 5K (Run and Walk).
- 11 AM to 1 PM: BBQ
- 11 AM (5K) 12 noon (half marathon): Awards ceremony and raffle.
- 5K – USATF certification OR17023LB – click here
- Half Marathon – USATF certification OR18025LB –click here
Day of Race Reminders/Safety Policies
- No headphones, please! Personal music devices use is strongly discouraged. Enjoy all the race has to offer and encourage safety.
- Please don’t race with strollers: The outside-of-METRO Blue Lake park course is a four-foot wide bike and pedestrian path. Wide enough only to accommodate runners and walkers in two-way traffic.
- Alcohol and dogs are strictly prohibited by METRO in the park. Please help us observe these policies.
- Blue Lake Park charges $5 per car for parking, not covered in registration.
- BBQ! Celebrate your accomplishments afterward with a free BBQ featuring hot dogs, chips, drinks and dessert. Free kids’ run participants and accompanying adults included.
- Awards. Winner plaques will be presented to top overall and master male/female in each event. Ribbons presented to the top three finishers in each age group.
- Raffle Prizes. Raffle prize drawings during the awards ceremony.
- Custom socks and medal. 5K and half marathon participants receive a pair of custom Blue Lake Fitsok socks and medal.
Help support this event and earn a free ORRC race!
- Sign up for our volunteer roles online – click here
- Or email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the event you are interested in!
- Volunteers get a coupon for one free ORRC race up to 10K as a thank you, emailed to you after the event.
Blue Lake Regional Park, Fairview, OR